Depending of the circumstances, three different consent forms can be used to randomize a patient:

If the patient provides the informed consent, use the PATIENT CONSENT FORM.

If the patient is uncapacitated but next of kin is available to give the consent, use the SURROGATE CONSENT FORM.

If the patient doesn't have the capacity to give informed consent and next of kin is unavailable, use the INDEPENDENT PHYSICIAN AUTHORIZATION.

Regained capacity consent is required in order to include the patient in the research analysis.